Little Theater Players present Samuel French’s “Best Christmas Pageant Ever”. They will be offering five performances including a Sunday matinee. For more information please contact Centralia Cultural Society at 618-532-2951.
Christmas Tree Sales on the corner of South Elm and 3rd Street (opposite of old House of Kai)
Opens, Sunday, November 19 from noon to 7:00pm
Monday-Sunday 1:00pm - 7:00pm
Fundraiser for the Centralia Cultural Society Programming.
Pricing from $35 to $65 - wreaths and garland also available.
Monken’s North Pole - Saturday - December 9 - 12:30-2:30pm
Free Family Fun Event
Pictures with Santa - Face Painting - Kids Crafts - Cookie Decorating - Bonfire - Food and Beverages
Drawing for 4 orchestra seats to
Elf The Musical in St. Louis at the
Peabody Opera House
The 8th Annual Central City / Centralia Christmas Auction and Toy Drive at the Central City Lions Shelter.
Friday, November 17, 4:00pm
Large selection of gift items including: China cabinets, pedal fire trucks, tools, toys, plush animals, bicycle products, and themed large blankets.
Call Lion Neely Reed at 618-322-8500 for more information.
The Mayor and Council of the City of Centralia and Centralia Industrial Commission cordially invite all businesses in Centralia to a
Business Appreciation Reception
Tuesday, November 14, from 5:00pm to 7:30pm at Fairways Restaurant.
The event will provide and opportunity for local business leaders to meet with elected officials and commission members.
Please RSVP by November 10 to Kala Lambert 618-533-7623
Fall Fest is 9:00am to 4:00pm on Locust St. in Downtown Centralia.
Chili Cook Off starts immediately following the Children's Parade at 12:00pm.
Night Parade starts at 7:00pm along Poplar St. in Centralia.
91st Annual Centralia Halloween Parade Line Up
1. Honor Guards- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2055 & Ladies Auxiliary
2. American Legion Post 446
3. Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 176
4. Float-Disabled American Veterans Chapter 76
6. Cub Scout Pack #446
7. Centralia Veterans Affairs Committee
8. Centralia Elks Lodge 493 – “The American Flag”
9. Centralia Police Dept.
10. Wamac Police Dept.
11. Central City Police Dept.
12. Marion County Sheriff Dept.
14. Grand Marshall- Mrs. Fay Vaccaro driven by Herb Lambert
15. Theme Winner- Miss. Natalie Ann Poninski driven by Monken Buick GMC
16. Heroes on the Water- Wabash River Valley Chapter
17. City of Centralia Mayor and Council
18. Centralia Youth Commission
19. Marion County Coalition Against Drug Use
20. Band- Centralia Junior High School Marching Tigers
21. City of Centralia Fire Dept.
22. Centralia Fire Protection Dist.
23. Patoka Fire Protection Dist.
24. Odin Fire Protection Dist
25. Sandoval Fire Protection Dist.
26. Hoffman Fire Protection Dist.
27. Irvington Fire Protection Dist.
28. LifeStar Ambulance Service, Inc.
29. Centralia Moose Lodge Family Center #1219- “66th Annual Kiddies Parade Winners”
30. Centralia Halloween Parade and Fall Festival Best Dressed Pet’s Winners
31. Band- Centralia High School Marching Showcase
32. Centralia High School 2017 May Fete Court
33. Centralia High School 2017 Prom Court
34. Centralia High School 2017 Homecoming Court
35. Centralia High School Cheerleaders
36. Marching- Centralia High School Dance Team
37. Centralia BPW Woman of the Year- Mrs. Stephanie Waggoner
38. Centralia BPW Boss of the Year- Mrs. Kim McMillan
39. Centralia BPW State President- Mrs. Tina Suarez
40. Centralia BPW President- Mrs. Alishia Winkler
41. Village of Central City Express Train
42. Village of Central City Public Works Dept.
43. Central City Grade School 2017 King and Queen
44. City of Wamac Lil Toot Train
45. City of Wamac Go Cart
46. City of Wamac Public Works Dept.
47. City of Wamac Police Dept.Tactical Response Team
48. Float- Mad Dogs MC- “Mad Dogs MC 40th Anniversary”
49. ABATE Freedom Riders – “Safety for Pets”
50. Float-Jefferson Co. Krazy Klowns Shrine Club
51. Float- Centralia Masonic Lodge #201
52. Float- W.G. Murray Center Parents Association- “Happiness”
53. Float- W.G. Murray Center Daisy Cottage- “Down on the Farm”
54. Band-Iuka Grade School Marching Pirates
55. 2017 Miss Marion Co. Fair Queen- “Miss Emma Butler”
56. Float- Centralia Halloween Parade and Fall Festival Inc.- Major Sponsors: City of Centralia, Dynergy Homefield Energy, Moran Queen-Boggs Funeral Home, SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital, Monken Chevrolet Buick GMC, Monken Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Sponsors- GCS Credit Union, Midland States Bank, Peoples National Bank, Quad County Title Company, SINA.
57. The Centralia Carillon – “The Travelling Carillon”
58. Sub Debs 2017 Queen and Court
59. Marching- Studio 50 Gym, Dance & Cheer Center
60. Float- Dempsey Family- “Lion King”
61. Tri Chi 2017 Queen and Court
62. Luckey Family- “Fighting Cystic Fibrosis”
63. Peoples National Bank Antique Fire Truck
64. Float- Christ Our Rock Lutheran High School- “A Choice for High School”
65. Christ Our Rock Lutheran High School 2017 Homecoming Court
66. Float/Marching- Southern Illinois Elite Tumble and Cheer- “SEITC Pet Shop”
67. Float- Kaskaskia College- “Superheroes for Education”
68. Kaskaskia College- “Success Starts Here”
69. Float- Jim Beasley Veterans Tribute
70. Band- Franklin Park Middle School Marching Bobcat
71. Float- Wehking Family- “Nightmare Before Christmas”
72. Shain’s Antique Cars
73. Schippel’s 1928 Ford Coupe
74. Centralia Halloween Parade and Fall Festival Inc. Car Show Winners
75. Float- Brinkmeyer Family- “Trolls Bring Happiness”
76. Marching- Infantry Dance Team
77. Float- Alternative Learning Academy- “Happy Feet Makes Happy Hearts”
78. Band- Sandoval Jr/Sr.High School Marching Blackhawks
79. Sandoval High School 2017 Homecoming Queen & Court
80. Float- Sandoval High School FFA- “Animals Bring Happiness”
81. Float- Tender Hearts Daycare- “Down on the Farm”
82. Band- Breese Central Community High School Cougar Marching Band
83. Float- Monken Automotive- “Old McMonken Had a Farm”
84. Pinnacle Foods
85. Riechmann Bros.
86. The Centralia Foundation- “Calliope”
87. Float- Ace Hardware- “Pets Go-Around”
88. Marching- Three Decades of Dance- “C-Town Drillers, CP Drillers, BMU Drill Team”
89. Cricket Wireless
90. Float- Calumet St. Christian Church- “Jesus Brings Joy”
91. St John’s Episcopal and Redeemer Lutheran Puppet Choir
92. Band- Greenville Jr. High Marching Bluejays
93. Float- Clinton County Citizens for Life- “Life Float”
94. Float- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints- “Bee Attitudes”
95. Float- New Horizon Christian School- “Noah’s Ark”
96. Float- Marion County Democratic Central Committee
97. Family Video and Marco’s Pizza
98. Great Clips of Centralia
99. Float- Borowiak’s IGA- “Animals Bring Happiness, Veggie Tales Bring Healthiness”
100. Float- Marion County Republican Central Committee
101. Band- Bond County Community #2 High School Marching
102. Rent A Center
103. Float- Macz Funeral Home- “Nothing but a Hound Dog”
104. ATV’s & More- “Side by Side Fun”
105. Float- Invisible Fence of Southern Illinois- “Invisible Fence”
106. Off the Chain DJ
107. Float- Groomingdales- “Animals Bring Happiness”
108. Bierman Family- “A Carload of Animals”
109. Float- Shoe Sensation- “I Never Want to Grow Up”
110. Timmons Racing
111. Float-Honey Pot Comfort Wash- “Honey Pot Comfort Wash”
112. Float- Johnston Family- “Elvis Live Band”
113. Niederhofer’s- “618 Jeeps at Play”
114. Float- Our Kid’s Daycare- “Our Kid’s Daycare-Animals Bring
115. Float- “Santa Claus Ice Cream Castle”
Chakota Therapeutic Horses & Riders
*****Parade List Not Finalized, Subject To More Additions.
Little Theatre Players of Centralia Cultural Society present Richard O’Brien’s “The Rocky Horror Show”. They will be featuring 7 evening shows in total and of those include 2 special midnight shows. Performance dates are October 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 and 28. Doors open one hour prior to show times. Participation bags will be provided at additional cost of $3 (no outside supplies will be allowed) Snacks, refreshments including beer and wine will be available for purchase. Call Centralia Cultural Society at 618-532-2951 for questions and ticket information.
The 2017 BPW Scholarship Salad Luncheon will be held on Friday of this year's BPW week. The proceeds from the event benefit the annual scholarship fund, which directly helps students in our community.
Tickets are $5 in advance or $6 at the door. There will also be a 50/50 raffle.
Please contact a BPW member or one of the co-chairs:
Vickie McDaniel, 618-322-7022, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina Suarez, 618-247-3332, email@example.com
At Times Square Mall in Mt. Vernon - Spero Family Services and Project Child will have certified child passenger safety (CPS) technicians on hand Sept 22, 2:00 – 6:00 pm to check car seats for proper installation and educate parents and caregivers on how to choose the correct car seats and install them properly in their vehicles.
Hosted by the City of Centralia Airport Advisory Board. Food and drinks provided by Crawford, Murphy, and Tilly. RSVP at 532-6789.